What is a fascia board?
Besides having an exceptionally fancy-sounding name, fascia boards offer a critical service for homes by maintaining the integrity of the roof’s structure. Fascia boards are where the roof meets the outer walls of the house, often referred to as the roofline. It’s a long, straight board that runs along the lower edge of the roof., fixed directly to the lower ends of the roof trusses and usually does all the work of supporting the lower edge of the bottom row of tiles. It also carries the guttering.
The Frederic Roofing Company team has satisfied the needs of over 70,000 customers in the area, implementing the ideal roofing solutions and showing homeowners the difference that fascia boards can make to their roof. Request an estimate or give us a call today and let us show you all of the reasons why St. Louis residents continue to come to us for their fascia repair, installation, and all other roofing needs! We look forward to providing you with the best solution for your roof and becoming your St. Louis contractor for life.
Protect your home with fascia boards from Frederic Roofing
We’ll keep your home safe, insulated, and looking great year-round.
What are the benefits of a fascia board?
Fascia boards are critical for maintaining the structure of your home. Benefits include:
- Comfortable, safe home interiors
- Exceptional ventilation for optimal airflow and free-flowing air circulation
- Comprehensive protection from structural damage
- Water entry points from potential leaks are mitigated and reinforced
- Improves the aesthetics of your home with high-quality designs
- Increased energy-efficiency and lower costs due to superior installation.
Looking to increase the value of your home?
Let Frederic show you how with custom-tailored installation.
Do I need a soffit board or a fascia board?
There are some specific differences between fascia boards, soffit boards, and bargeboards that you need to be aware of before you make a decision for your home. We’ve highlighted the specific differences between each them below with a helpful guide.
- Fascia: A long, straight board that runs along the lower edge of the roof that’s directly fixed to the lower ends of the roof trusses and supports the lower edge of the bottom row of tiles. A fascia board also carries the guttering.
- Soffit: A soffit board is tucked away under the fascia board, usually able to be seen from the street level. The soffit can be ventilated to allow the flow of air into the roof area. Ventilation can also be provided over the top of the fascia board.
- Bargeboard: Typically used on the gable end of a house, a bargeboard can make your home look better than ever.
Why Frederic Roofing Company
With the ability to tailor our fascia boards to the unique roofing type you already have for your home or business, our team at Frederic is the perfect fit for your next roofing project. We’ve delivered high-end roofing solutions to over 70,000 customers in the St. Louis area, implementing the kind of roofing that they thought was out of their price range and unavailable for their home. If you’re looking for an estimate or want to get the ball rolling for installation on your future roof, reach out to Frederic today and find out why we are among the most trusted names in the entire St. Louis area. From comprehensive installation to timely fascia repair services, we’ve got you covered.