What is EPDM roofing?
Ethylene propylene diene terpolymer (EPDM) is an extremely durable synthetic rubber roofing membrane, widely used across the United States and around the world. Composed of two main ingredients, ethylene and propylene, it’s a combination of oil-based and gas-based material. It may not be as widespread as a gable or hip roofing option, but EPDM is worth looking into if you need a solution that’s cost-effective and durable.
I’m rubber, you’re glue.
Our EPDM roofing solutions are perfect for you
What are the benefits of EPDM rubber roofing?
In addition to being considerably less expensive than alternative roofing methods, EPDM offers a host of exceptional benefits that sets it apart from other, more conventional roofing solutions, including:
- Exceptional durability: Most EPDM roofs are laid in a single piece, meaning there’s a minimal amount of seams (if any) depending on your roofs layout. With fewer seams, it decreases the likelihood of water damage eroding parts of your roof and compromising the integrity and safety of the structure.
- Cost-effective repairs: One of the highlights of EPDM rubber roofing is that it’s easy to install and even easier to repair. In most cases, liquid rubber is all you need for a simple roof repair. The EPDM membrane is durable and won’t be offset by the weather the same that other types of roofing systems are.
- Minimal ongoing maintenance: Once you install a roofing product, you want a solution that allows you to go about your day and focus on other tasks. Some roofing solutions require diligent, consistent maintenance procedures. With EPDM rubber roofing, the bonding adhesive offers a comprehensive, reliable form of roofing that won’t deteriorate as quickly as other methods.
- Varying options: EPDM rubber roofing comes replete with several thickness options, ranging from 45 mm all the way to 90 mm. The size that you choose for your home is entirely contingent on your home’s basic structure, location, and pitch of the roof. At Frederic, we want to make sure that our roofing solutions align with your needs as closely as possible.
- Energy-efficiency: EPDM roofs reflect sunlight, insulating your home and saving you substantial amounts for your energy bill. They’re built to handle extreme temperatures, hot or cold, saving you the stress of extra insulation or ramping up your HVAC when you’re looking to keep energy expenditures lower.
Have you looked into rubber roofing?
Find the perfect roof for your home with Frederic.
With a thorough development process that includes multiple rounds of testing and analysis, Frederic Roofing Company excels at creating EPDM rubber roofing products that stand up tall with the best in the business. With a simple maintenance plan, easy upkeep, and low-cost installation and repairs, EPDM offers an excellent alternative to more conventional roofing choices. Our team of highly-trained professionals are capable of delivering high-end roofing solutions that align with your budget, needs, and standards for safety.