If you’re designing a home and looking to a frame your roof, you can’t go wrong with a hip roof. With slopes on all four sides, the equal-length sides come together to form a ridge in the middle. They’re an especially sustainable method of roofing that excel under tough conditions, including high-speed winds and snowy areas. The convenient slanting of the roof allows snow to easily slide off without risking standing water build-up. Comparable in style and safety to the slightly more popular gable roof, a hip roof offers extra living space and a cost-effective alternative to other models of roofing.
Benefits of a hip roof
You want a roof that lasts, but you also want one that gives your home a comforting, stylish look. Hip roofs offer the best of both worlds; it offers several features that are attractive to homeowners, including:
- Angled sides mitigate chances of standing water harming your roof
- Exceptional snow removal, with sloped angles fostering snow run-off
- Ability to be incorporated into existing structures
- Less vulnerable to high winds compared to other roof models
- Simple, seamless gutter installation along the side of your home
- Optimal flood protection for your basement and wall protection
Is there just one kind of hip roof?
No! There are multiple hip roof options for you to choose from. We’ve outlined each one below, and what they have to offer:
- Simple Hip: The most common type of hip roof. It has a polygon on two sides and a triangle on two other sides. The sides come together at the top to form a simple ridge
- Cross-Hipped: Similar to a cross gable roof. Use separate hip roofs on homes with different wings. The line where the two roofs meet is called a valley.
- Half Hipped: A standard hip roof that has two sides shortened to create eaves.
High-quality roofing at an affordable price!
Frederic is here to answer any roofing questions you might have.
What can Frederic do for you?
All of our customers are guaranteed a high level of customer satisfaction by ensuring that they will receive the best solution that our professional staff can provide for all of their roofing needs. We are confident in all of our products and services that our employees use to create the hip roof you are searching for.
With over 70,000 satisfied customers in the St. Louis area, it’s no surprise that we’re among the most trusted roofing contractors working today. We specialize in helping homeowners and business owners alike finding the roof of their dreams, all for a cost-effective price that you can afford. Frederic offers comprehensive services, including repairs, maintenance, and even emergency services if you need your hip roof replaced. Reach out to our team today, and find out why so many people in St. Louis count on Frederic for their roofing needs. Request an estimate or give us a call to learn more about the advantages of having a hip roof for your home or business. We look forward to working with you and becoming your St. Louis roofer for life.