Tips for Maintaining Your Roof in the Summer
Proper maintenance and frequent inspections are important for any roof. If you want to get the most out of your roof’s life and ensure its longevity, it’s important to know the appropriate actions that need to be taken during every season. For summer in particular, proactive measures are extremely important. Taking action in the spring months is just as important as the maintenance items you’ll complete during the summer months.
Whether you are a business or a homeowner who is actively looking to protect the life of your roof, a roofing contractor can help you keep your roof in good shape during the summer months.
Commercial Roof Maintenance Tips
To keep your business running at optimal efficiency, it is important that nothing disrupts your or your employees’ day. If you pay little to no attention to your roof, catastrophic problems can occur. You won’t only sacrifice productivity, but costly repairs can impact your bottom line.
Here’s how to protect the life of your roof during the summer and all other times of the year.
Roof Upkeep Tips for Businesses in the Summer
- Unclog the Drains―Much like homes, businesses have a gutter system too, and it’s important to keep them clean and unclogged. There is a high possibility that leaves, branches, and nests will get clogged in your drain throughout the year. Clogged drains mean more water on your roof.
- Look for Damages―Your roof is exposed to bad weather and the elements all year long. If you don’t take care of these issues in the summer when the weather is fairly consistent day to day, the damages can turn into huge problems later on. You may even have to have an entire roof replacement. Get the most out of your roof’s life by checking for issues and taking care of them early on.
- Maintain Your Roof―Whether your business has a flat, rubber/EPDM, shingle, or TPO roof, you’ll always need maintenance. Depending on the type of roof you have, different checklist items will be important. An expert can help with this.
Residential Roof Maintenance Tips
As a homeowner, you want to keep every aspect of your home in good condition. After all, a home is one of the biggest investments you can make. That’s why proper home maintenance is so important during all types of the year, and summer is no exception.
Here is what you should do in the summer to ensure the longevity of your roof and keep it in good condition during winter, spring, and fall as well.
Roof Upkeep Tips for Homeowners in the Summer
- Gutter Maintenance―Show some love to your gutters and downspouts during the summer months. Annual gutter maintenance should entail cleaning your gutters and checking for clogs, blockages, and any damages. If gutters are clogged, water can puddle on your roof and seep into your home or attic, causing mold or mildew and eventually deterioration.
- Show Shingles Some Attention―It’s important to check your roof for cracking or missing shingles or tiles. Shingles protect your home against wind, rain, and other elements that can cause damage. A professional roofing company can check your roof for loose, torn, or broken shingles that could break off during harsh weather. Taking care of this problem early will save you, as water damage can be costly later down the line.
- Check for Roof Damage―The harsh weather during the winter months or the storms during the spring can do serious damage to your roof that you may not even know about. If this is the case, it’s important to contact a professional who can perform roof repair for any roof leaks, damaged shingles, or other issues. Whether you need to repair or replace your roof, summer is a great time to do it to ensure that no further damage is done throughout the rest of the year.
Let the Experts at Frederic Roofing Be Your Dedicated Roofing Company
For summer roof maintenance and high-quality roofing services all year round, the professionals at Frederic Roofing have you covered. We can perform a wide variety of maintenance tasks for all types of residential and commercial roofs. For questions or to receive a free estimate, contact us today.