Tips to Prep Your Roof for Fall
Each season brings changes: changes to the climate, the weather, and therefore your roof. Being proactive and preparing your roof for upcoming seasonal changes is one of the smartest things you can do to protect your investment. If you want to get the most out of your roof’s life, properly preparing and performing the following fall roof maintenance checklist items will keep your roof in excellent condition.
Preparing Your Roof for Fall
Preventative maintenance is extremely important, especially in the summer before the upcoming fall season. There are several things you should do in the summer to be proactive before the fall months arrive.
- Clean Your Gutters―The end of summer and beginning of fall means the leaves changing colors and, of course, falling from the trees. When trees die off at the end of summer, leaves, branches, and other debris can end up in your gutter and clog it. That’s why it’s best to perform annual gutter maintenance in the summer to clean your gutters from anything that may have clogged them earlier in the winter and spring months. Clean gutters will ensure that water doesn’t pool up on your roof and, in turn, will prevent roof leaks.
- Fix Damaged Shingles―Both homes and businesses use shingles as a common roofing material. Whether you are a homeowner or a business owner, it is critical to check for damaged shingles and get them fixed as soon as possible. Shingles protect your roof from wind, rain, and other inclement weather. Checking for damaged or missing shingles will ensure that harsh weather doesn’t do any serious damage to your structure.
- Check for Water Damage―Spring showers and even summer storms can cause more water damage than you might think. Checking for water damage is crucial before fall arrives. Fixing one leak now is better than having to fix several later down the line. Plus, before you know it, winter will be here. Snow buildup on your roof can make leaks even worse and lead to several leaks at once, a headache that no one wants to deal with.
The Importance of Routine Roof Inspections
Roof inspections and maintenance go hand in hand. A huge part of maintaining your roof is routine inspections. A professional roof inspection involves checking for issues and performing repairs as necessary. Inspections are so important because they can help you fix minor issues before they lead to serious roof damage and costly repairs.
Fall Roof Maintenance Tips
Even once fall arrives, it’s best to keep up regular maintenance with your roof. After all, with harsh winter weather right around the corner, you’ll have a whole new checklist of items you’ll need to complete to protect the longevity of your roof.
Roof Upkeep Tips for the Fall
To maintain the pristine condition of your roof during the fall months, there are some routine checklist items that you should make sure you are performing during this time every year:
- Have your gutters cleaned and unclogged regularly
- Schedule routine inspections to check for issues and damages
- Trim back your trees to prevent too much buildup from leaves and branches
For All of Your Roof Maintenance and Replacement Services, Contact Frederic Roofing
Frederic Roofing is a top roofing contractor in St. Louis, Missouri, and we are your go-to source for roof repairs, routine inspections, and complete roof replacements. No matter your unique situation, we can perform a variety of repair and replacement services for both residential and commercial roofs. To learn more or get a free estimate, contact us today.